Most of my two weeks in Minnesota were spent with family, but I also rented a car and drove from the small town where I was staying to Minneapolis, where I enjoyed two glorious days on my own at a fabulous little bed and breakfast.
The twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are much larger than the city I live in, but I set out, undaunted. I was also mapless, so I relied on Google for driving directions.
Here’s what I learned about driving without a map in Minneapolis.
- People who know where they’re going drive a lot faster than people who don’t.
- No one should use a cell phone while driving, whether they know where they’re going or not.
- Google gives excellent directions.
- Every freeway in and around the twin cities is under construction.
- Google’s directions do not take road construction and detours into account.
- St. Paul is every bit as beautiful as Minneapolis.
In my next post I’ll tell you about where I stayed in Minneapolis…when I finally got there.
Until next time,