Yesterday I rolled up my sleeves and got to work on the first set of shelves I described on Wednesday. So far I have:
- packed up the old all-in-one printer, advertised it on a free website as was suggested by one commenter, and it was gone within two hours. I even delivered it!
- earned $3 by returning the toner cartridge to Office Depot to be recycled. They didn’t give me cash, but it went on my Worklife Rewards as a credit. How cool is that?
- sorted the books and filled a box with those I no longer need. The box is still here because I will be adding to it. Meanwhile, I will search out a secondhand book store that buys books.
- filled my little blue box with paper
It would be great to dive in and work non-stop till this is done, but I’m also working on revisions plus writing a new book right now, and those are my priority. However, now that I’ve started clearing out a lot of the stuff I don’t need, I feel motivated to keep going.
Still to do:
- sort the photographic slides and pack them away
- find a home for all my freelance projects
- admire all the empty shelfspace
Next up will be my storage closet. It’s filled with floor-to-ceiling shelves, and those are filled with a lot of stuff I don’t need and never use. The perfect home for archiving my freelance projects, if only there was room.
Until next time,