I am totally loving summer and all the fresh produce that’s already available. This week’s shopping expeditions to two farmers’ markets yielded:
- rhubarb (made a rhubarb-strawberry-apple fruit crisp)
- mustard greens (braised in olive oil with a little garlic and hot sauce—so delicious!)
- turnips (braised in butter)
- striped beets (red and white and yummy all over!)
- Swiss chard (more braising going on)
- English cucumbers
- mixed baby salad greens
- red and yellow peppers
- homemade granola
- freshly baked bread
- a bar of handmade Blackberry Bliss soap (heaven scented!)
This woman was selling beautifully arranged bouquets of peonies. So fragrant. I didn’t buy one because I have peonies in my own garden but judging by the number of people carrying an armload of flowers, she was doing very well.
And now I’m going to treat myself to a bowl of granola.
Until next time,